ASP.NET is a web development technology that is used to develop highly functional website and web applications that are dynamic and data driven to be run over the Internet. It can be used to build such application with ease and without much effort to be put in to give satisfactory results. ASP.NET programming is being used widely as most of the programmers prefer it for the ease the unprecedented support it provides to create applications that are helpful in taking the business to the next level.
ASP.NET is actually a collection of tools, technologies and languages that work together in a framework to bring out robust enterprise level applications. The best thing about this framework is that they are able to communicate with each other to provide important information and business logic regardless of the platforms and languages. This allows for a smooth functioning of you business as there is never a problem of information flow.
It might sound far fetched, but the future holds a great possibility to connect all the basic day to day devices like telephones, microwaves, computers, televisions etc to the internet to be able to communicate across this medium to become better products and perform more complex functions on will. This is possible if they can be made to use standardized languages like XML or SOAP to communicate through pre-defined protocols like http. And all of this is very much possible through asp.net development.
ASP.NET programming is being used for almost all kinds of business needs:
- Ecommerce solution like: Auction online, Stores online, Classified, E-Tender, Dating, Job portal, Social network and entertainment sites
- .NET Desktop and Web Application Development
- .NET Software Development (Product Development)
- Migration of Web and Desktop Applications to .NET
- Web Services Based .NET Application Development
- Mobile applications based on .NET Compact Framework
- ASP.Net AJAX/Atlas enabled Web Application
- B2B and B2C application development
- Task management solution
- Recruitment Solutions
- Shopping Cart with various Payment Gateways integration
- Client & Server applications
- Restaurant management solution
- SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 database solutions
- Crystal reporting 2008 services
- Mobile application development for iPhone App, blackberry etc. especially for data integrations.
Some of the other advantages of ASP.NET programming are:
- Better language support
- Programmable controls
- Event-driven programming
- XML based components
- User authentication, with accounts and roles
- Highly scalable
- Increased performance – Compiled code
- Easier configuration and deployment
So all of this sounds pretty exciting and holds a great possibility of creating much more organized and centralized future. If worked on properly and used to the fullest of its extent ASP.NET programming by asp.net developers can bring out results that can excite and surprise the users.