There is always another side of the story, all might be good, but this other side cannot be ignored. Mobile web application development, as it has seen a huge increase in the number of mobile users, seems to give a lot of positives to the online business holders, but at the same time there are few downsides to the story as well. Here in this blog I am going to look at both the positives and the negatives of mobile web application development.
Pros of mobile web application development:
- The very best of all is that mobile apps are more compatible with mobiles giving them higher functional value than others. Their functions and features can be tuned according to the space and navigation limitation of the mobiles giving better user experience.
- The cost at which a mobile web application development can be carried off is lot lower than say a downloadable application thus making the process quicker and easier.
- Developing a mobile web app for an existing website you might have that already has a customer base and ready incoming traffic is just like an extension of it creating a larger spectrum of customers and traffic.
- There are various high-end mobile devices now available in the market that supports the desktop browser compatibility thus extending your reach.
- Deployment of a mobile website is quite simple for asp.net programmers.
- You can develop one application for various kids of mobile platforms and service providers.
Cons of mobile web application development:
- Mobile websites are not really in a position to take advantage of device specific features like burning a CD or accessing your phonebook contacts in your mobile.
- The interfaces on mobiles have too many limitations resulting in a non user-friendly experience. You have to get used to operate on a mobile to have a smooth transaction.
- There is a problem of browser fragmentation due to various kinds of services providers in the market.
- Users will have to be connected to the Internet all the time to use these; there is no option for offline mode here.
- Users have to take care of varying characteristics of various service providers, mobile devices and their limitations with Internet services.
- Different technologies to go with different mobile platforms and differing advantages of them can lead to confusion for the less acquainted. Like ASP.NET web development or PHP or for that matter other open source or etc etc.