Mobile and compact devices are becoming more and more popular in our society and their use is increasing day by day. We are facing them in every day usages. Definitely each of us has mobile phone, hand held device or any high tech device.
All of these devices have different mobile platforms like Windows MobileM, iPhone, BlackBerry, Symbian OS, Android, Maemo, OpenMoko etc. All of them have their own advantages and disadvantages.
The main reasons behind enterprises choosing Windows Mobile as the development platform:
- Familiarity and Ease of use
- Partnered together with .Net framework gives better productivity
- Flexibility in development platform
- Competitive edge
- Improved security
- The Microsoft edge
Windows mobile, BlackBerry and iPhone have their own limitations as they are device dependents. Their codes are device dependents and this is evident by iPhone as Java has some limitations. In comparison to iPhone, Symbian and Windows mobile are better as they support wide range of devices and their API gives more options.
Microsoft released its first platform in 2002 in form of Windows CE.NET. Pocket PC phone edition appeared which supported the standards of GSM, GPRS, Bluetooth and wireless HS network access.
Now we have Windows mobile 7, the latest edition. There are a few models of development of applications for Windows mobile:
- Win32 API
- NET Compact Framework.
There are some advices for the Windows mobile phone 7 application developer.
- Use native code for achieving the best performance, direct work with hardware, and also for minimization of system resource requirement.
- Use Managed Code for development of GUI-oriented applications which main requirements are development and market deployment terms. Managed Code is also good for the easy work with web-services.
- Use Server-Side Code for work with different devices through a single code base, and also if wide stable communication channel with a device is present.
Development tools for Windows mobile phone 7 application developers are:
- eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0: It is mean to create applications for devices with Window CE.NET 4.2 OS.
- Visual Studio .NET and SDP functions: It allows creating applications that uses the possibilities of Microsoft .NET compact framework platform. Thus, a developer can create distributed mobile data processing system, working both in scenarios with and without connection. Vast class library of .NET compact framework makes development job easier.
- Microsoft SQL Server: It extends the possibilities of the use of enterprise data. SQL Server CE provides the basic set of relational database functions, in particular optimized query handler; support of transactions and heterogeneous types of data with unpretentious requirements to the system resources.
In short a Windows mobile phone 7 application developer can open up new possibilities for you and let you create robust applications on Window platform.
- Health Problems in IT Professionals -Causes and Prevention 220 view(s)
- IndiaNIC Celebrated Festival of Colors 193 view(s)
- May 2013 Wallpaper 178 view(s)
- Explore IndiaNIC! – House Full, the first day first show 153 view(s)
- The Impact of Smart Mobile Phones on the Future of Internet 129 view(s)
- ASP.NET Development
- Featured Post
- Flash Website Design
- iPhone / iPad / iPod
- Management & Leadership
- News & Video
- Offshore Outsourcing
- Open Source CMS
- Our Work & Products
- PHP Web Development
- Search Engine News
- SEO Services
- Website Designing
- Yahoo Store / RTML
- How Much Contribution Do Games Have in Making Facebook Popular? Utopians
- The Role of APIs in Mobile Strategy -Boost Sales in Your Business Black And White
- What is Software Framework -Its Uses and Types Free Bees
- Google Topping the News Bulletin -Technology News and Updates Lazy Cats
- What is the Best Time to Buy an iPhone? Black And White
- Lumia 925 – Nokia’s Latest Flagship Windows Phone Mates Of Gates
- Time Management Skills Making Difference in IT Projects Black And White
Tagsaffordable website design android application development ASP.NET developer ASP.NET development ASP.NET programmer asp.net programming asp developer hire asp development asp programmer ASP programming best website design custom website design design yahoo store ecommerce website design hire php developer iphone app developer iphone app development Iphone application development iphone apps development iphone developers iphone game development iphone programming magento development mobile application development open source customization open source development osCommerce designer osCommerce developer php developers php development php development services php programming php web developer india php web development php web development india professional website design small business website design Website Designing website design services Yahoo! Store yahoo store design yahoo store designer yahoo store developer yahoo store development yahoo store redesign