The growth of the smartphone industry is bound to have an impact on the number of applications that are to be downloaded. The use of mobile phones will be an idealistic channel for businesses in the near future.
The main focus of App stores is to develop an ecosystem for developers and consumers. Users have been knocking on the door of enterprise IT to make business applications that are user friendly, along the lines of iTunes and Google Play Store.
Having an online store is relatively easy to set up, but in order to be successful; a lot has to happen behind the scenes.
Here are the secrets to success:
- Be a perfectionist when it comes to the design, spend hours on the product, and constantly touch it up to it to make it absolutely perfect. This requires the developers to spend hours on the product.
- The IT enterprise must always stay in charge. They must present the public with applications they’re authorized to request. This way the customers get what they want and the enterprise stays in charge.
- There should be a proper readiness program for the enterprise to be ready to deliver the apps to the customer’s device. There should be proper storage for the application, which must always be ready for its immediate release.
- Check for similar applications in the app store, and look for ways to make your app more unique and out of the box, to capture the attention of the customers.
- There should be a creation of a self-service gateway that provides a consumer friendly experience for shopping. The applications have to be organized in such a way that the process of transaction should be simple, speedy and highly accurate. The app must also provide options for local languages, which also display the local currencies and hereby make it easier for customers.
- Through software leasing, customers get access to an application for a limited period of time, after which the license is asked for. This methodology is perfect for project-based environments where apps need change as employees move from one project to another.
- By connecting your app store to other IT enterprise systems, which enables a higher level of efficiency and the overall course of delivery. By merging with IT service management systems, you can include the app store into your service management processes to make sure that software delivery complies with corporate policies and the external rules.
- All successful app stores don’t work in silos. They work by combining application readiness and license optimization solutions which hereby addresses the app life-cycle.
If you can follow these guidelines, it will boost your chances of creating a successful application store enterprise, which provides self-service and easy access for its users. The mobile application market is a highly competitive one, and these are some secrets that can help you stay ahead in the market.