Client is a businessman from USA who is associated with several companies including both profit and non-profit corporations. Client is a spiritual and religious person, and he started a company to help people get connected with religious organizations using their mobile phones.
Client’s core idea was to help spread religions and religious activities to followers around the world using latest internet technology. What came to the client’s mind is the concept of a mobile application for the religious organization. However, mobile technologies itself is complex technology to maintain and it’s expensive. Client wanted to provide affordable and easily manageable mobile applications that would help organizations to manage their contents and all application on their own.
Client approached IndiaNIC to turn his vision into reality. He wanted a solution which could be easily adopted by a wide range of religious organizations, and he wanted it to be simple enough for non-technical users to manage.
The main objectives were to have:
- A multiplatform mobile application (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry)
- A single content management system which could manage mobile application in all three platforms
IndiaNIC provided a diverse solution to the client by developing an effective app for all the three mobile platforms iPhone, Android and Blackberry through only one web application. The process started from the wireframe iterations, moved on to the actual mock-up of the application, and ended with a cross-platform application solution.
The major challenge was to provide a solution to the client that would work on iPhone, Android & Blackberry (Blackberry Curve & Blackberry Touch) devices. IndiaNIC took care of these issues and provided a web application that would allow organizations to access their clients’ console for building an application.
To start with, the user just needs to select an application template and select various features he wants in his application. Next, the users need to simply submit all information. Thereafter, an XML file would be automatically generated on the basis of all the submitted information. This file would be submitted to client, so that the client could submit application to Application Stores for different mobile platforms.
We have also deployed online ticket booking service for the tours using TicketMaster API. We have also integrated online donation as well as Amazon Store front to enable users to purchase books online from within the app.
- Client’s main objective to help religious organizations is achieved.
- There are already 21 organizations using the applications created by the client. Many more organizations are expected to use client’s services in near future.
The core features of the application for the religions organizations are to upload the following for their users:
- Audios – Listen audio recordings
- News – View links to latest news, blogs and articles
- Links – View religious links
- Events – View event details with date, time and location
- Books – Reading books through iBook store and even purchase books using PayPal storefront from Amazon iBooks store.
- Staff – View information about religious organization
- Tours – View different tour tickets and allow to purchase using TicketMaster API
- Fellowship wall – Share your thoughts and link any of their thoughts to Facebook and Twitter
- Notification – Receive latest notification of the activity
- Donation – Allow to make donation
- Recent Activity – View all activity by an organization or users.
- Organizations – View all related sub organization
” I simply love this app. Great features precisely woven with latest technology. It works so smooth on my device. Good Job!”
Katherine A, 24, New Jersey
“I teach Bible. I appreciate the approach of this application. The use of technology to spread religious word is indeed a meritorious deed.”
Joseph S, 56, India