What is WordPress?
WordPress is primarily a revision of the old b2/cafelog platform, with improvements such as customization of the categories, themes, templates, link management, plug-ins, widget, tags, Trackback and Pingback to name a few.
WordPress is currently the largest self-hosted blogging tool on the Internet (WordPress As Blog). WordPress development comes under Open Source project, which means that there are hundreds of people that are working on it, forever developing it and improving it. Best of all, it is free for you to download and use.
The WordPress publishing system is based on PHP and MySQL programming, and it’s completely customizable platform is practically backbone of the Web 2.0 development.
Why WordPress as a CMS?
- WordPress can be used as a Website CMS and customized easily by massive ways.
- WordPress is familiar, and this gives the most probable reason to use it as CMS.
- It can integrate your blog perfectly with CMS. Even website and blog can be managed together on single CMS.
- Website done through WordPress development is extremely user-friendly and can be easily managed.
- WordPress as Website CMS gives substantial number of quality themes and templates and can be further customized to fit your CMS needs.
WordPress other strength is that you can use it as Content Management System of your website. Once your site is created you’ll have the ability to edit, add, subtract, and whatever else you need to do with just about all of the content in your site…without any knowledge programming or even HTML.
The ready to use plug-ins and widgets enable your website advance functionality facilitate your client with WEB 2.0 experience just in no time.
A professional, well maintained, well designed website is crucial to winning clients. In an environment of short attention spans and critical first impressions, your websites have to stand out and engage, something that WordPress development offers to do much more easily.