Microsoft seems winning battle against its rivals on internet with the introduction of Silverlight. It is web browser plug-in with programmable capacity and allows media to be played on internet. It enables you to hear audio, view video and animation that are abundant in rich internet application.
Silverlight application development seems similar to Flash but it differs in many respects. First and foremost is that Silverlight content display on screen through text based markup language called XAML. You know very well that text based language can be easily crawled by search engines so your pages are visible to search engines hence SEO of Silverlight is possible. This is not possible with Flash because Flash content is not visible to search engines. If you want to make Flash content visible you have to introduce particular codes in your pages and this exercise increases the hard work of the developers.
Another advantage of Silverlight is its cross platform compatibility. You can play Silverlight content on Windows and Mac both with same results. Silverlight is cross browser compatible means you can play Silverlight content on any browser over the internet. You can see Silverlight content on Firefox and Google Chrome with similar results. Silverlight applications utilize the resources of client machine so there is no load over the server. This enhances the overall performance of web experience and leaves server free for more important processes.
There are plenty of reasons that you may customize the access of Silverlight because it provides high quality resolution images, Rich Internet Application Productivity, Videos, Web Designing, 60+ controls with source code, smooth streaming, Pixel Shade Effects, Animations, 3d Graphics, Photo applications by bringing together the ASP.NET and Silverlight.
New version of Silverlight application development offers following functionalities:
- It is cross browser compatible plug-in means you need not to worry about the browsers it will run on any browser.
- The application developed with Silverlight will support all types of audios and videos.
- It automatically detects the loss of connection and then chooses to cache user’s work until the connectivity restored.
- It has built in auto update. Application itself checks for the updates.
- It is safe and secure. An application can be trusted without any security.
- It enhances the data support.
- It shows improved performance. There is also a dramatic improvement in speed for AJAX-enabled websites that begin to use Silverlight.
Silverlight application developer can bring many things to your applications and enhance the overall performance.